Posts by Shivam Anand

Week 14 - Morphing is here!

This week, I started with multiple actor support in skinning and managed to do it successfully. Here’s the preview using the BrainStem model.

Read more ...


Week 13 - Multi-bone skeletal animation support

This week I fixed all the issues with skeletal animations, and we got to see our first render of skeletal animation :).

Read more ...


Week 12 - Adding skeleton as actors and fix global transformation

I started this week by fixing the segmentation fault for the skinning test. I could not fix this as of now.

Read more ...


Week 11 - Multiple transformations support and adding tests

As decided last week, I added support for multiple animations at the same timestamp. But this didn’t solve the animation problems of RiggedSimple model.

Read more ...


Week 10 - Multi-node skinning support

As we figured out that the SimpleSkin model is not animated as intended. This week I started working with that model; I figured out that we need to apply the InverseBindMatrix to each timer callback. I had a hard time figuring out what inverse bind matrix actually does. Here’s a good blog that answers that.

Read more ...


Week 9 - First working skeletal animation prototype

This week I had the first working example of skeletal animation ready. I was able to render the SimpleSkin model. Here’s a quick preview:

Read more ...


Week 8 - Fixing animation bugs

This week I had to fix the transformation issue in glTF animation. As discussed in the last meeting, I disabled vertex transformation and applied the transformation after the actor was formed.

Read more ...


Week 7 - Fixing bugs in animations

This week I started with implementing scaling to the animation example.

Read more ...


Week 6 - Extracting the animation data

This week, it was all about reading docs and extracting the animation data from buffers.

Read more ...


Week 5 - Creating PR for glTF exporter and fixing the loader

Finalised the glTF export PR #630., adding tutorial, docs, and tests for all functions.

Read more ...


Week 4 - Finalizing glTF loader

This week I had to travel back to my college since the summer vacations have ended. I had a coding session with Serge this week, we modified the exporter function and looked at some bugs I faced.

Read more ...


Week 3 - Fixing fetcher, adding tests and docs

The first task for this week was to fix the glTF fetcher. We noticed that while running tests it reaches the API limit. So we decided to use a JSON file that contains the download URLs for all models.

Read more ...


Week 2 - Improving Fetcher and Exporting glTF

This week I worked primarily on the glTF fetcher and exporting scenes to a glTF file. I added tests and docstrings for all functions. I modified the fetch_gltf function to return the downloaded files. As we planned, the PR for the glTF fetcher was merged this week.

Read more ...


Week 1 - A Basic glTF Importer

In the community bonding period I met with my mentor Serge Koudoro, along with other mentors in FURY and gsoc contributors. We discussed about my project and set up project timeline on github projects section. As my project (glTF Integration) and Keyframe animations were related so we discussed on that too.

Read more ...